Thursday, March 07, 2013

44/365: Incarnata seed

We had a big project due in Traditional Photography II today. Inspired by the images of Karl Blossfeldt, I decided to try my hand at fine art-style macro images with my Elan 7ne. Since it was a film class, it was quite challenging. I'm happy to report that my set of images received positive reviews from all concerned, which is the first good thing that's happened to me this week. So, yay.

I did take test shots with my Canon 7D digital SLR. I'm sharing some outtakes here. This first one is a macro shot of a passiflora incarnata seed. I had a nice black and white print for my project, but the print suffered from my botched attempt at hand spotting. I like processing in Photoshop much better. Also, the rich colors are quite nice. Someday, I plan on doing an entire series of passiflora seed, because the variation from species to species is really quite remarkable.

365 photo project, passiflora incarnata seed, macro, Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Austin

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Canon EF 100mm 2.8 macro with Vivitar 2x telextender

Now Playing: Various artists Asian Groove
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment