Sunday, March 03, 2013

42/365: Ghosts of the Chicken Ranch

Today's 365 image is one from my black and white film class, and one that I'm particularly pleased with. Last month I went to the Chicken Ranch ruins in La Grange to assist with filming a documentary TV show about the place for Expedition Texas. The session was a lot of fun, I assure you. But after the film crew packed up, I stuck around for a while to do some shooting of my own, specifically with my Canon Elan 7ne--a film camera, which I don't often use outside of class assignments. I took a print of one of the images I'd shot in January of Seraphina Song and aged it with some judicious folds, scuffs and other abuse. Since it already had a vintage look, it wasn't too difficult to pass it off as a forgotten memento of one of the long-gone "employees" of the famed brothel. I'm pleased to report this print got rave reviews from the class (and the prof). I've given it a duotone treatment here, and like it even more than the original monochrome print.

Ghosts of the Chicken Ranch, La Grange, Texas. Lisa on Location photography. 365 photo project

Camera: Canon Elan 7ne
Lens: Tamron 28-75mm 2.8

Now Playing:
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment