Thursday, March 14, 2013

52/365: Pinhole Mesquite

Doing a bit of experimentation today, trying to find some inspiration for my film photography class. So, having done well with macro on the last assignment, what other off-the-beaten-path approach is there for me to tackle? How about going retro with pinhole photography? I took and old pinhole "lens" I'd made out of a Canon body cap and took a few test shots with it yesterday. Sure enough, the images captured by my 7D were as crummy as I remembered--certainly not as coherent as those I've seen online. So I reworked it, replacing the foil and making an effort to get the pinhole centered exactly. The results of the revised lens are much better, but still a bit lacking. Still, this is giving me a starting point. Will see how the test shots with the Elan 7ne come out when I develop the film next week.

mesquite trees digital pinhole photography, Lisa On Location, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Austin

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: pinhole

Now Playing: Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment