Wednesday, March 20, 2013

53/365: Kovar church

More catch-up going on. Remember the other day where I skipped an entry and promised to come back to it later? It's later.

I assisted The Wife in photographing a wedding this past weekend in Smithville. The reception was held at the SPJST Hall in tiny Kovar, Texas. As I finished my second shooting duties and was leaving, I saw the sun hitting the nearby Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church beautifully, and I had to stop and get some shots. I love these small Czech churches that date back to the turn of the previous century, and their painted insides are gorgeous. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten to charge the batteries in my infrared camera (which is what I wanted to shoot the church with) so I managed only three shots before my camera went dead. Even so, I like this angle.

Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Kovar, Texas. Infrared. Lisa on Location photography, New Braunfels, Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos. 365 photo project

Camera: Canon XTi/400D 720nm infrared converted
Lens: Canon EF-S 10-22mm

Now Playing: The Kinks Give the People What They Want
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment