Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Tideland trailer!

Oooh. The website for Terry Gilliam's upcoming film, Tideland, has undergone a makeover. It's now a virtual Flash-infused world. Building websites with Flash usually annoys me, but I have to admit they've done a great job with this one. And, joy of joys, there's a new trailer up there as well (hint: click on "Access Map" at the bottom to find the trailer quickly).

It's creepy, strange and surreal. It looks to me like this film has a real darkness to it, edgy and with sharp teeth. That's something I haven't really seen from Gilliam in a long while. Just watching this trailer, I felt a dread foreboding creep over me where Jeliza Rose was concerned. And I'm far more excited about Tideland than I was for The Brothers Grimm simply because Gilliam himself wrote the screenplay for the former.

Now Playing: Tom Petty Wildflowers

No comments:

Post a Comment