Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Night Videos

I've been in a Bangles mood of late, so I'll share it with you. I always liked "In Your Room" because of the saucy, implied naughtiness of the lyrics that somehow managed to retain a degree of bouncy innocence. But I really get a kick out of the video, with its pseudo-retro 60s vibe. The ham-it-up psychedelia is--I'll wager--what prompted Mike Meyers to add Susanna Hoffs to his faux-60s band Ming Tea for the Austin Powers films. Be that as it may, it's still a fun video.



And since Star Trek is all the rage these days, I'll throw in a bonus old Bangles video featuring none other than Mr. Spock! "Going Down to Liverpool" is a great cover of a Katrina & the Waves original, but I'm sad to say the same can't be said for the video. Despite the presence of Nimoy, or maybe because of it, this is probably the most static video ever produced. I can imagine everyone being excited about signing Nimoy for the shoot, then realizing that his fee took up the entire budget, leaving them with no option but to shoot the video in a parked car. Hilarious. Nimoy does get in a good gag about a minute or so in...



Previously on Friday Night Videos... George Harrison.

Now Playing: Prince & the Revolution Around the World in a Day

No comments:

Post a Comment