Tuesday, March 12, 2013

50/365: Foetida var. gossypiifolia seed

So, I'm returning to my macro passiflora seed project. I'm a big fan of passion flowers, and have killed far more than my share of plants in my time. The seeds are small, but fascinating. I expect I'll continue to add to this collection as I get my hands on more species. For now, here's a seed from passiflora foetida var. gossypiifolia, a native Texas passion flower also known as the "Cotton leaf" passion flower or "Corona de Cristo." I've seen some of the vines sprouting in the back yard, so hopefully I'll have some good shots of their complex bracts and flowers to share within a month or so. For now, we've got the seed, which is more angular and coarse than many other passiflora types. If dragons were real, I'd expect a dragon scale to look like this.

passiflora foetida var. gossypiifolio seed, Corona de Cristo, macro, passion flower seed, Lisa on Location photography, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Austin, 365

Now Playing: Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment