Sunday, September 26, 2004

There and back again

Made it to College Station and back in one piece. Ivan turned out to be something of a dud, drizzling intermittently around my destination but little beyond that. I found some good reference material at the Cushing and Evans libraries, but a couple of books--ones I'd really planned to lean on heavily--were not to be found. Their database said those two hadn't been checked out, but they weren't in the stacks where they were supposed to be. Bother.

For happy news, we turn to the homefront. Lisa, on her evening walk, stumbled upon two pepper plants that had been discarded in a big construction dumpster down the street. These were mature plants in five-gallon pots, maybe three feet tall. And covered with tiny bright red peppers. One produces peppers a little over an inch long, the other a bit smaller, and egg-shaped. I'm not sure what specific cultivars they alre, although I've seen similar types before. A quick taste test confirmed they're both suitably hot. The plants have now been adopted, watered and their viable peppers harvested for future salsa use.

Now, I must bid adieu for the night, as I have copious amounts of writing to do.

Now Playing: Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment