Sunday, October 17, 2004

All in all, a productive day

It's late, I'm tired, and I've got a busy day ahead of me tomorrow. But I feel the need to post before turning in. It was a great day for my teams, after all. First, Roger Clemens leads the Astros over the Cards, making it a series again, especially when Oswalt wins Sunday to even things up at 2-2. Whoo hoo! Then, holey moley! I was seriously concerned about how rudely no. 16 Oklahoma State's rushing game would treat Texas A&M, but Reggie McNeal went bonkers and the Aggies blew the doors off the Cowboys en route to a 36-20 win that wasn't as close as the final score would suggest.

And to top it off, I got a good bit of writing done. My plan of attack does indeed seem to be working--I'm finding it much easier to retain a consistent voice in the story by writing the "present" sequences in succession. It's actually turning out to be quite fun, even if I am having to stop every so often to look up what street a particular fire station might be on (good thing I did--would've committed a howler if I hadn't). So here's a taste of tonight's labors:
More bullets hit him, some chipping at the brick around him. Koindrindra didn’t much like being shot, and sincerely hated the idea of another hitting him in the ass. He shoved his hand through a window, groping around until he found a desk. He hurled it down at the police, a dozen stories below. It shattered on the street. He reached through another window, finding a couch. It was too large to fit through the window, so he snapped it in two. The second throw scored a bulls-eye on the squad car, caving in its roof. The two officers fled out of range.

And remember, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars airs tonight. So tune in, set those VCRs or Tivo, whichever tickles your fancy. I have it on good authority that this one rocks the frellin' leviathan!

Now Playing: Nothing. I'm going to bed, remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment