Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Koindrindra is finished

Or rather, the ending has been written. I'll revisit it later--I got a wee bit over-the-top and need to recast a few things in the climax--but the finale is in the can. It came out pretty much as anticipated.
To the east, the rosy glow of dawn swelled on the knife-edge horizon of the Atlantic.

Koindrindra crouched on the tower, pressing his knuckles against the cold metal. His blood smeared the polished surface. He growled. I am Andrianatompokoindrindra, rightful king of Madagasikara, eldest son of Razafindrandriatsimaniry and lord of the Kalonoro. I reject my prison, cast off my chains now and forever.

He jumped.

Now, I get to go through the story and add in all the flashbacks. At this point, I believe I'll write them in reverse-chronological order and see how that works out. It's an interesting experiment, technically, writing in ways I've never attempted before. It's fun, and I'm curious to see how it all turns out.

Now Playing: Ray Charles Ultimate Hits Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment