Thursday, August 03, 2006

My kingdom for a title

I finished up the revisions to the currently untitled novelette and turned 'em in the other night. Thankfully, word has come back from Helix that my efforts are acceptable. Yay! I also understand that said story is being held to run in the spring issue, which means I'll have at least one publication to look forward to in 2007. I'm pretty proud of this story, even though I know many readers will probably have issues with it. I tried to do a number of things in it I'd never attempted before, and after many false starts and blind alleys, it appears I may have succeeded. At least a little bit.

Of course, it's still lacking a good title. Every potential title I come up with around midnight reads like crap warmed over the next morning. I've got a long list of potentials now, and none of 'em are any good. I just discovered the presumed front-runner was already used as a short story title by Charles Beaumont back in the '50s. Does that matter? I didn't recognize the story, but then again, I haven't read much Beaumont. Ah well, I've got five months or so to come up with something better.

Now Playing: ZZ Top El Loco

No comments:

Post a Comment