Monday, April 08, 2013

76/365: Macro studio

Now that my "Missing Persona" series is out of the way, I'm about to start serious work on a bunch of macro shots for my other photography class. I thought I'd start off by sharing my decidedly low-tech macro photography studio set-up. Some day I'll have extension tubes and a focusing rail, etc. But for now, the kitchen table, foam board, felt, thumb tacks and aluminum foil will do.

365 photo project, macro photography setup, Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, San Antonio, San Marcos, Austin.

Camera: Canon 5D mark II
Camera: Canon EF 50mm 1.8 mark I
Lisa On Location

Now Playing: Pink Floyd Ummagumma
Chicken Ranch Central

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I came across your site by accident today, but I'm impressed with your work. That headless photo really caught me off guard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Tony! The whole "Missing Persona" series was an interesting experiment. A little macabre, perhaps, but mostly silly. I'm still refining my techniques and making it up as I go, so hopefully I'll show improvement on future projects.

    ReplyDelete