Tuesday, April 09, 2013

77/365: Loblolly

Here's a nice macro photo of a loblolly pine flower and catkins that is only a test shot. Sadly, there's no "real" shot to supersede it. Follow: I'd set up the subject, and taken a few test shots to fine-tune the focus and lighting (getting the proper amount of reflection/fill light is always tough for me with these macro projects). I'd just about gotten everything the way I wanted in the image above, when I was called away for a few minutes. It was only a few minutes, mind you, and once I returned I planned to finish the test shots with the DSLR, then get some good, finely-detailed black and white shots using my Elan 7ne film camera. What could go wrong with a plan so simple?

I returned to discover the cats had eaten the loblolly flower and catkins.

Then vomited them all back up onto my macro studio setup, which I featured in yesterday's picture-of-the-day. Sadly, such happenings aren't uncommon in my life.

loblolly pine flower and catkins macro photography, Lisa On Location, Austin, New Braunfels, San Marcos, San Antonio, 365 photo project

Camera: Canon 5D mark II
Lens: Canon EF 100mm 2.8 macro

Now Playing: Syd Barrett Crazy Diamond
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment