Sunday, April 21, 2013

81/365: Light trails

Falling a week behind in my 365 postings does not reflect well upon me, I know. But in my defense, I've been going out on photo shoots for my Digital Photography final project, and spending many, many hours in the darkroom making prints for my Film II final project (which is due Tuesday). So I've been quite industrious--no slacker, I.

Back on Thursday, The Wife invited me along to her advanced photography course she teaches through New Braunfels ISD's continuing education program. The class wanted to learn about night photography, and since I've done more car light trails, star trails and light painting than she has, I pitched in as her so-called expert. Not that I am--I just make it up as I go along. Toward the end of the night, with my camera snugly mounted on a tripod, an ambulance and fire truck came up. We were on the traffic circle in downtown New Braunfels, so, just for the hell of it, I triggered my camera (already set for a 20 second exposure) and panned (unevenly, I must point out) to follow the flashing lights of the emergency vehicles around the circle. The resulting image is a surreal confluence of lights. It's not a great photo by any means, but it is interesting.

Lisa On Location, night photography, light trails. New Braunfels, San Antonio, San Marcos, Austin

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Canon EF-S 10-22mm
Lisa On Location Photography

Now Playing: The Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment