Friday, April 26, 2013

87/365: Pipevine and friend

This is one of the few environmental macro photos I included in my final project--most of the images were shot in my makeshift, table-top studio, echoing vaguely the techniques of Karl Blossfeldt more than a century ago. But I have white-veined pipevine growing in the back yard, and they have the most bizarrely alien flowers, so I had to shoot some for this project. This wasn't the best image I got of the pipevine flower, nor was it the most artistic. It is, however, the only one where I captured a tiny fly in the throat of the flower, doing its best to pollinate and perpetuate the plant species. That is cool enough to trump any technical shortcomings the overall image may suffer.

365 photo project, macro red yucca seed pod, Lisa On location photography. New Braunfels, Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio. Karl Blossfeldt

Camera: Canon Elan 7ne
Film: Kodak T-Max 400
Lens: Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Lisa On Location Photography

Now Playing:
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment