Monday, April 29, 2013

91/365: Poppy

This is an example of why no opportunity should be dismissed, photographically speaking. There's a garden of poppies that come up every spring at our church. I saw these dried seed pods, and while I thought they looked interesting overall, I doubted they had enough tiny detail to make for an interesting macro subject. Even after developing the negatives, I wasn't too impressed. It wasn't until the end of one of my darkroom sessions that I decided I'd print one up to see what it looked like at a size larger than contact sheet thumbnails. Wow. There's a lot going on here, and I'm very happy I took a chance on this one.

365 photo project, macro poppy seed pod, Lisa On location photography. New Braunfels, Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio. Karl Blossfeldt

Camera: Canon Elan 7ne
Film: Kodak T-Max 400
Lens: Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Lisa On Location Photography

Now Playing: The Moody Blues Time Traveller
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment