Thursday, April 25, 2013

85/365: Moss flowers

This isn't the best photo in my Karl Blossfledt-inspired final project, nor is it my favorite. But it is possibly the most unlikely and most curious. Outside the back entrance to my office building there's a large, elevated area paved with limestone blocks, with tiny patches of moss growing between the crevices. When it rains, the brown moss greens up, and as I noticed a few weeks ago, send up tiny, almost unnoticeable flower stalks. The fact that this takes place invisibly to the hundreds of people who pass the area every day is endlessly fascinating to me.

365 photo project, macro moss flower stalks, Lisa On location photography. New Braunfels, Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio. Karl Blossfeldt

Camera: Canon Elan 7ne
Film: Kodak T-Max 400
Lens: Canon 100mm 2.8 macro with Vivitar 2x telextender
Lisa On Location Photography

Now Playing: The Beatles Abbey Road
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment