Monday, May 06, 2013

100/365: Pillbug

Of all the prints that made up my final project, I believe this generated the most interest. A simple pill bug, or, as others call it, a rolly-polly. Why the interest? I think because it is so common and therefore instantly familiar, yet fascinating and strange because people rarely see this humble creature in so much detail. And even blown up a hundred times larger than real life, they're still kind of cute, aren't they? My son is obsessed with pill bugs, so I think I'll frame this one and give it to him to hang in his room.

macro pill bug, rolly polly, 365, Lisa On Location Photography, New Braunfels, San Antonio, San Marcos, Austin

Camera: Canon Elan 7ne
Lens: Canon 100mm 2.8 macro with Vivitar 2x telextender

Now Playing:
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment