Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chicken Ranch report no. 33

Wow. Not to jinx things, but the response from the agents I've queried this past week has been overwhelmingly positive. No, I still don't have representation, but several have gone beyond asking to see my proposal and sample chapters by engaging me in back-and-forth conversations via email, getting pretty specific and detailed with their questions. This leads me to conclude that either A) they're really, really bored with nothing better to do, or 2) they have genuine interest in my book. Contrast this with the response to my agent hunt back in 2011, which was overwhelming indifference.

And I don't know if this can be attributed to my agent hunt or not, but web traffic to my blog and site have ticked up in recent days. This is good. I've had visitors from all over Texas (which is to be expected) as well as New York, Louisiana, California, etc. But it's not just folks from the U.S.--I've had visitors from Ireland, Iran, Australia, Sweden, England, all looking for more information about the infamous Chicken Ranch of La Grange, Texas. One visitor caught my attention today, so much so that I have to share:

La Grange Texas Chicken Ranch brothel search, U.S. Department of Justice

I don't have the heart to tell them they're about 40 years too late in following up on this particular criminal investigation. Or maybe they were just looking for a date. Six of one...

ADDENDUM: Okay, this is just getting curiouser and curiouser. Because now the FBI's visiting my Chicken Ranch blog. I hope you guys show as much enthusiasm for the material when my books actually available for purchase:

La Grange Texas Chicken Ranch brothel search, FBI, Federal Bureau of Investigation

Remember, you can help make this book a reality by formally follow this blog, either via Google or Networked Blogs, both of which have links to the right, or "Liking" my Chicken Ranch Central Facebook Page. Don't forget to tell your friends and neighbors, too!

Now Playing: Don Henley The End of the Innocence
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment