Thursday, May 09, 2013

106/365: IR/Lev II - The opposite of falling

My infrared levitation series continues. This is, without a doubt, the most ambitious photography project I've ever undertaken. I've never used infrared in this exclusively, or so aggressively. And I'd never attempted levitation before. All while breaking in a new camera. And the locations! Apart from selling the illusion, two things were important to me in this project: 1) it couldn't look like I shot everything at the same place and B) it couldn't be the same person in every shot. So that meant multiple models and multiple locations. Multiple shoots over multiple days, in Austin, New Braunfels, San Marcos and San Antonio. Some people stood me up. Some shoots fell through. And some concepts just didn't work no matter how hard everyone tried. But that's part of what makes art, art.

What is the opposite of falling?

infrared, Canon 50D, levitation, girl floating, Lisa On Location Photography, New Braunfels, San Antonio, San Marcos, Austin

Camera: Canon 50D 720nm infrared modified
Lens: Canon EF-S 10-22mm
Lisa On Location

Now Playing: Various artists Native American Currents
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment