Wednesday, May 08, 2013

105/365: IR/Lev I - Up a tree

The second conceptual element of my digital photography final is "infrared." The recently-converted Canon 50D that has supplanted my old converted Canon Rebel XTi? Yeah, I put it through its paces in a big way. And I love it--except for my oft-repeated complaints about the lack of a good remote trigger. Images are cleaner, less noisy with the 50D. And I took a lot of images with it for this series.

Infrared levitation. That's my series concept. A quick Google search tells me that's one of the very few photographic combinations that hasn't been exploited to the Nth degree via Flickr, Deviant Art, etc. So I think I've got a winner. The otherworldly, ethereal tones coupled with the illusion of defying gravity makes for a whimsically surreal visual, no? Stay tuned, as they say. More to come.

infrared, Canon 50D, levitation, boy climbing tree, Lisa On Location Photography, New Braunfels, San Antonio, San Marcos, Austin

Camera: Canon 50D 720nm infrared modified
Lens: Canon EF-S 10-22mm
Lisa On Location

Now Playing: The Kinks Village Green Preservation Society
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment