Monday, May 13, 2013

114/365: IR/Lev X - The old fishing hole

Remember how I mentioned morning sunlight was much better for false-color infrared than late afternoon sunlight? Here is exhibit A. I thought the light was perfect--and it was, for visual photography at least. There's a reason why photographers call the 90 minutes or so before sunset the "golden hour." Colors are rich and saturated, shadows are long and soft. Perfect lighting for photography. But not infrared. Everything I shot came out nearly monochrome, and no matter how much processing I did, I couldn't draw any more color out of the images. This is still a cute picture, just not what I was striving for. I'm particularly pleased with her reflection in the water.

infrared, Canon 50D, levitation, girl fishing, Lisa On Location Photography, New Braunfels, San Antonio, San Marcos, Austin

Camera: Canon 50D 720nm infrared modified
Lens: Canon EF-S 10-22mm
Lisa On Location

Now Playing: Various artists Travelin' Texas
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment