Thursday, June 15, 2006

W1.1K

A good writing night, despite a late start for me. I've got a fairly clear idea of where things are headed these next two chapters, so the flow of words is much more robust. Jachym is finally getting some much-needed one-on-one time with Tsukr Vondra, and finally learning just what he's gotten into. It's not something he'd have chosen had he other options, but compared to being eaten by Lidozrout, it ain't half bad.
"Do you know why you are here?"

"Not exactly. There's some kind of religious training in Rokanyky you're taking me to. So I can be a better bondservant for the Kostels, I guess."

She shook her head. "Your being a bondservant has nothing to do with this. At least, not directly. Have you ever heard of Strelecs?"

"No."

"Well, you, Radek, Dobromil and Gauthier are all Strelec candidates. It's a religious vocation for men. It demands great dedication and devotion. And yes, there is much training and leaning that go along with it."

"So then, it's like a Knez?"

"More than a Knez. Much more. Strelecs are equal to Tsukrs."

"Will I work blood magic?"

Vondra winced. "Yes. But we prefer it called 'Blood Gift.' It's a gift to men from Tvůrce."

What's particularly interesting to me is the way the current chapter is unfolding. I'd planned for the events approaching at the end of this chapter to take place at the conclusion of the last chapter, but that one grew too long. I'd worried that the held over scenes weren't enough to support a full chapter, but it's shaping up now to be one of the longest chapters I've written thus far. Funny how that works.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
21,100 / 90,000
(23.4%)

Now Playing: Salsa del Rio Que Siga La Tradicion

No comments:

Post a Comment